Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Grab Your Kleenex first

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner mr rogie's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 19th, 2006
    Posts
    391
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    A Doll and a White Rose

    I was walking around in a Target store,
    When I saw a Cashier hand this little boy some money back.

    The boy couldn't have been more than 5 or 6 years old.

    The Cashier said, 'I'm sorry, but you don't have enough money to buy
    This doll.

    Then the little boy turned to the old woman next to him: ''Granny, are
    You sure I don't have enough money?''

    The old lady replied: ''You know that you don't have enough money to
    Buy this doll, my dear.

    Then she asked him to stay there for just 5 minutes while she went to
    Look around. She left quickly.

    The little boy was still holding the doll in his hand.

    Finally, I walked toward him and I asked him who he wished to give
    This doll to.

    'It's the doll that my sister loved most and wanted so much for
    Christmas. She was sure that Santa Claus would bring it to her.

    I replied to him that maybe Santa Claus would bring it to her after
    All, and not to worry.

    But he replied to me sadly.

    'No, Santa Claus can't bring it to her
    Where she is now.

    I have to give the doll t o my Mommy so that she can
    Give it to my sister when she goes there.

    His eyes were so sad while saying this.

    'My Sister has gone to be
    With God.

    Daddy says that Mommy is going to see God very soon too, so I

    Thought that she could take the doll with her to give it to my
    Sister.

    My heart nearly stopped.

    The little boy looked up at me and said: 'I told daddy to tell Mommy
    Not to go yet. I need her to wait until I come back from the mall.

    Then he showed me a very nice photo of him where he was laughing.

    He
    Then told me 'I want Mommy to take my picture with her so she won't
    Forget me.

    'I love my Mommy and I wish she didn't have to leave me, but daddy
    Says that she has to go to be with my little sister.

    Then he looked again at the doll with sad eyes, very quietly.

    I quickly reached for my wallet and said to the boy.

    'Suppose we check
    Again, just in case you do hav e enough money for the doll?''

    'OK' he said, 'I hope I do have enough.

    I added some of my money to
    His without him seeing and we started to count it.

    There was enough
    For
    The doll and even some spare money.

    The little boy said: 'Thank you God for giving me enough money!'

    Then he looked at me and added, 'I asked last night before I went to
    Sleep for God to make sure I had enough money to buy this doll, so
    That
    Mommy could give It to my sister.

    He heard me!''

    'I also wanted to have enough money to buy a white rose for my Mommy,
    But I didn't dare to ask God for too much.

    But He gave me
    Enough
    To buy the doll and a white rose.

    'My Mommy loves white roses.


    A few minutes later, the old lady returned and I left with my basket.

    I finished my shopping in a totally different state from when I
    Started. I couldn't get the little boy out of my mind.

    Then I remembered a local newspaper art icle two days ago, which
    Mentioned a drunk man in a truck, who hit a car occupied by a young
    Woman and a little girl.

    The little girl died right away, and the mother was left in a critical
    State.

    The family had to decide whether to pull the plug on
    The
    Life-sustaining machine, because the young woman would not be able to
    Recover from the coma.

    Was this the family of the little boy?

    Two days after this encounter with the little boy, I read in the
    Newspaper that the young woman had passed away.

    I couldn't stop myself as I bought a bunch of white roses and I went
    To the funeral home where the body of the young woman was exposed for
    People to see and make last wishes before her burial.

    She was there, in her coffin, holding a beautiful white rose in her
    Hand with the photo of the little boy and the doll placed over her
    Chest.

    I left the place, teary-eyed, feeling that my life had been changed
    Forever .. The love that the little boy had for his mother and his
    Sister
    Is still, to this day, hard to imagine.

    And in a fraction of a second,
    A drunk driver had taken all this away from him.


    The quote of the month is by Jay Leno:

    'With hurricanes, tornados, fires out of control, mud slides,
    flooding, severe thunderstorms tearing up the country from one end to
    another, and with the threat of bird flu and terrorist attacks, 'Are
    we sure this is a good time to take God out of the Pledge of
    Allegiance?'

    For those who prefer to think that God is not watching over us....go
    ahead and delete this. For the rest of us... pass this on

  2. #2
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    bumped back to top

  3. #3
    Inactive Member cherrysis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2005
    Posts
    6,135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have read that before but it still puts a lump in my throat!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Mine too, I can't read it without breaking down. I don't think it matters whether the story is true or not, it is just a strong message.

    cry-baby rog

  5. #5
    Inactive Member cherrysmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 24th, 2000
    Posts
    4,577
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    WAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •